School subjects will come to life for your students in grades 4–8 with educational games from Game Learning, ABDO books and Perma-Bound!
Research shows game learning fosters deeper understanding while creating greater motivation to learn. Game Learning’s products go beyond mere dry facts and figures, using different play modes to support a variety of preferred learning styles while incorporating diverse in–game challenges and engaging students with witty modern–day dialog.
Game Learning’s product features:
- Early American History Pack includes 6 video games and 21 eBooks (ebooks available for game use only).
- Games feature:
- In-game assessments
- Inquiry-based learning
- Primary source images
- Games are divided into 1 to 4 chapters, each 15–60 minutes long.
- Curriculum features:
- Teacher script to introduce games
- Overview and chapter summaries
- Exit tickets
- Standards alignment
Game Learning: Easy & Safe to Implement in the Classroom
Low-tech software/hardware requirements. Play games on:
- Chromebooks, Laptops, and Desktops
- Web browsers
- iPads (iOS v.9.3.5 and above)
Aligned with state and national History standards:
- California and Texas (5th & 8th grade)
- The National Council for the Social Studies (C3 Framework)
- Approved by Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
- Games autosave every 3 minutes, giving educators flexibility and control in scheduling.
- Single sign–ons include: Eduappcenter, Google, Clever, Microsoft and Classlink.
- Games Work on all LMS systems: Google Classroom, Schoology, Blackboard, and Canvas.
- Teacher dashboard with student analytics and leaderboards show how students are progressing & who’s winning.
- No in-game messaging capabilities
- Students cannot play in the same game together, but they can play next to each other to ensure collaborative learning