Manage My Collection
Manage My Collection is a powerful comparative tool that matches your school or library's Machine Readable Cataloging data against Perma-Bound's entire product inventory. You can use this feature to eliminate unwanted duplicate titles when placing orders and developing lists, or as a means of analyzing your collection.
- Eliminate duplicates from search results as well as from new and existing lists.
- Monitor list building to address your collection's needs for the future.
- Reduce time-intensive research and analyze inventory with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Manage quickly and efficiently by way of an intuitive interface and thorough documentation.
- Continuous updates to our database as new products are added will provide you with the latest, most accurate title information.
Click on this link to view a printable version of our MMC flyer (PDF)
- Export your collection's MARC records from your software circulation system (export instructions are accessible here or in our online 'Help Center' and on the Upload/Update page ).
- Upload this MARC record file via Perma-Bound.com's web interface on your My Account page
- Perma-Bound will analyze and match your records within 1-2 hours.
- The results will then be applied to your web account, and one of three match-icons will appear to the right of the Title Results area of all lists and search results.
|Exact||Title + Author/Illustrator + Copyright Date|
|Exact||Reading Program Quiz Number|
|Possible||Title + Author/Illustrator|
|Possible||Title + Publisher + Copyright Date|
|Possible||Title + Author's last name|
|No||None of the above|
We provide step-by-step instructions for a wide array of software circulation systems. Click on the 'more info' link in the Manage My Collection area of the Customer Homepage, or go to the Perma-Bound Help Center and select Manage My Collection, 'Exporting MARC Records'.
Supported Software Systems:
- AGent VERSO
- CASPR/Library World
- Dynix and Sirsi, General System Export
- Follett Circulation Plus
- Infocentre (Sagebrush)
- Insignia Library System
- Library Pro 2.2
- Library Solutions (TLC)
- Sirsi Unicorn Ecole
- Surpass Central
Login and click on 'Upload/Update' located under the My Collection heading in the left-hand menu of your My Account page to receive your FREE analysis today!
To ensure the quality and integrity of our database, we have removed MARC Records uploads from accounts that have not been accessed for over a period of two years. You are welcome to re-upload your records for a new MMC/CAP Analysis. If you feel an error has been made with your records, please contact our tech support at +1 800 637-6581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAP only takes into account the MARC records you have uploaded for titles that are currently in the Perma-Bound database, which may not be reflective of your entire collection. Because of this, you may notice a difference between the actual number of books in your collection and what is displayed as a match in Manage My Collection (MMC.)