Manage My Collection
Manage My Collection is a powerful comparative tool that matches your school or library's Machine Readable Cataloging data against Perma-Bound's entire product inventory. You can use this feature to eliminate unwanted duplicate titles when placing orders and developing lists, or as a means of analyzing your collection.
- Eliminate duplicates from search results as well as from new and existing lists.
- Monitor list building to address your collection's needs for the future.
- Reduce time-intensive research and analyze inventory with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Manage quickly and efficiently by way of an intuitive interface and thorough documentation.
- Continuous updates to our database as new products are added will provide you with the latest, most accurate title information.
- Export your collection's MARC records from your software circulation system (export instructions are accessible here or in our online 'Help Center' and on the Upload/Update page ).
- Upload this MARC record file via Perma-Bound.com's web interface on your My Account page
- Perma-Bound will analyze and match your records within 1-2 hours.
- The results will then be applied to your web account, and one of three match-icons will appear to the right of the Title Results area of all lists and search results.
|Exact||Title + Author/Illustrator + Copyright Date|
|Exact||Reading Program Quiz Number|
|Possible||Title + Author/Illustrator|
|Possible||Title + Publisher + Copyright Date|
|Possible||Title + Author's last name|
|No||None of the above|
We provide step-by-step instructions for a wide array of software circulation systems. Click on the 'more info' link in the Manage My Collection area of the Customer Homepage, or go to the Perma-Bound Help Center and select Manage My Collection, 'Exporting MARC Records'.
Supported Software Systems:
- AGent VERSO
- CASPR/Library World
- Dynix and Sirsi, General System Export
- Follett Circulation Plus
- Infocentre (Sagebrush)
- Insignia Library System
- Library Pro 2.2
- Library Solutions (TLC)
- Sirsi Unicorn Ecole
- Surpass Central
Note: To ensure the quality and integrity of our database, we have removed MARC Records uploads from accounts that have not been accessed for over a period of two years. You are welcome to re-upload your records for a new MMC/CAP Analysis. If you feel an error has been made with your records, please contact our tech support at +1 800 637-6581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: CAP only takes into account the MARC records you have uploaded for titles that are currently in the Perma-Bound database, which may not be reflective of your entire collection. Because of this, you may notice a difference between the actual number of books in your collection and what is displayed as a match in Manage My Collection (MMC.)