Let Perma-Bound Rebind Your Old Textbooks
Are your old textbooks worn, even falling apart? You can get years of additional use out of your old textbooks with Perma-Bound's rebinding service. If you have textbooks whose bindings are damaged, but whose text blocks you want to save, you can send them to us, and we'll rebind them using our durable Perma-Bound binding.
We will rebind books* and return them, in most cases, within 60 days of receipt. If you're not sure your books are suitable for rebinding, call us first, toll-free, at 1-800-637-6581.
Why rebind your old textbooks?
There are several possible reasons:
- To repair volumes that have been harmed due to vandalism and normal wear and tear.
- To save books that would be too expensive to replace new.
- To preserve current library or curriculum stock so you can allocate funding to additional new volumes, instead of merely replacing old ones.
The bottom line is that Perma-Bound's rebinding service can help your library or classroom save money in the long run by preserving your existing stock and freeing up your budget for new additions, rather than replacements.
Why use Perma-Bound's rebinding service?
When you choose Perma-Bound, you're choosing an industry leader with a proven track record:
- Perma-Bound has been a bindery leader for more than 55 years, and represents a company lineage of more than 150 years' experience in the binding industry.
- All Perma-Bound pre-bound books are manufactured under strict controls, in our own state-of-the-art production facility located right here in the USA.
- Quality assurances and a patented process provide a "best of industry" product.
- Our binding is durable: According to our latest research, you would have to replace a paperback book 7 to 10 times before having to replace a Perma-Bound pre-bound book.
Rounded and Backed Binding
Fiction, nonfiction, and reference material of a variety of sizes are bound to the highest standards of quality.
- Reinforcing flannel supports spine.
- Polyvinyl adhesive never dries or cracks.
- Find more information about our PUR-fect binding.
Children's books 3/8" thin or less are sewn and bound with Perma-Bound's specialized process.
- Paperboard inlay locks in pages.
- 1 1/4" reinforcing cloth extension provides supports for pages.
- Contact Perma-Bound Customer Service for shipping call tags (at no cost to you). If total weight of shipment is under 300 lbs, UPS will pick-up your shipment. If total weight exceeds 300 lbs, a freight company will pick-up your shipments. (The books must be boxed and placed on a skid).
- Weight limit per box is 50-60 lbs, which is approximately 12 textbooks per box. Not responsible for books lost in transit to our facility.
- Please ensure that your shipment includes at least ten (10) of each textbook of the same title.
- Some books are not suitable for rebinding. Books that are not suitable for rebinding will be returned or destroyed at the customer's request.
- Books are bound "as is" we will not add pages.
- Customers will receive rebound books, in most cases, within 60 days of receipt.
- We are unable to offer our unconditional guarantee on rebound textbooks.
For Perma-Bound's international shipping and handling policies and fees, click here.