Perma-Bound Digital FAQ
What is Perma-eHub?
Perma-eHub is a library solution for digital resources. It manages your digital licenses from a single cloud-hosted platform. Your students, staff, and administrators can access all of your digital resources as if they existed in a single library. All of your digital licenses are managed by Perma-eHub, allowing your students to check out digital resources when a license is available. Instead of dealing with messy Data Rights Management, contracts, and servers, Perma-eHub handles it all for you, so you can focus on delivering content to your students. Perma-eHub also comes with native apps for all major mobile platforms.
What types of digital resources does Perma-eHub support?
- Interactive Ebooks
- Digital Databases
What mobile platforms are supported?
We make sure our product/apps are tested on the latest versions and are kept up to date with all the new releases. Listed below are mobile platforms we currently support.
- Apple devices, running iOS 7.0 or higher, including optimized support for the larger screens on the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screens. Currently this support covers over 95% of Apple devices in use.
- Android devices running 3.0 or higher, including Android KitKat 4.4. Over 90 percent of Android devices are supported by eHub.
- Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Gen) or higher, including the new Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Gen).
How do I get a Perma-eHub account?
When you purchase digital content for Perma-Bound for the first time, during the order process you will be prompted to create an eHub account. Alternatively, if you have not set up an eHub account yet, clicking on “My eHub Account” on the My Account page will start you on the path to setting up your eHub account.
I’ve signed up. Where do I log in?
Your login page is the Organization URL you created when you first signed up for an eHub account. Your organization URL has this format:
www.perma-ehub.com/<< organization or school specific code >>
How do I add digital resources to my Perma-eHub library?
When you purchase digital resources from Perma-Bound, we will automatically make them available to you in Perma-eHub.
What user types are supported?
Administrators, Teachers, Students, and Shared Users make up your user base. Anyone who uses your Perma-eHub library will fall under one of these four user types. Students and shared users are only allowed to check out and browse for titles, while administrators can manage licenses and students accounts.
All Administrator accounts have access to every control available, including changing user passwords and creation/deletion of Users. Administrative accounts should be given with caution, as they afford complete control over your organization’s Perma-eHub library.
Teachers are user accounts with additional privileges, such as extended checkout options, but lack access to administrative functions.
A Student is a single-user account and is the most basic type of user in Perma-eHub. This user type has its own username and password, and is only allowed one login at a time. A student is only allowed to search for and check out books. Students cannot affect other user accounts. These users can save their own settings and customizations.
- Shared Users
If you wish to create a guest account, a test account, or one simple account that all of your students can use at once, a shared user account is the best way to go. Shared accounts allow multiple logins. Since shared users are not unique,they can’t customize their accounts, and don’t have access to note-taking abilities.
Perma-Bound offers eReaders for most popular personal computers and mobile devices. Perma-eHub’s online eReaders are based on HTML5 and work in most modern web browsers. Perma-eHub comes with native apps for Apple, Android, and Kindle devices. Here are the links to the apps:
- Apple devices: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ehub-reader/id705010801
- Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.permabound.ehub.mobile
- Kindle devices: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?p=com.permabound.ehub.mobile
What are the technical requirements for Perma-eHub?
An internet connection and a modern browser are the primary requirements for Perma-eHub:
A Windows PC or Mac OS X with one of the following Browser:
- Internet Explorer (version 9 or greater)
- Google Chrome (version 21 or greater)
- Safari (version 5 or greater)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 18 or greater)
Smart devices with one of the following:
- Apple devices running iOS 7.0 or higher
- Android devices running version 3.0 or higher
- Kindle Fire HD 7 second generation or higher