To our valued customers:
We want to alert you to an upcoming increase in the cost of Accelerated Reader (AR) quizzes, recently announced by our supplier, Renaissance Learning. Starting with AR quizzes created after July 1 of this year, new quizzes will only be available to AR Enterprise and Service users. At the same time, Renaissance Learning will begin charging AR Desktop and Service users an additional $2 per quiz, bringing the new quiz price to $4.99. Also beginning July 1, 2012, Renaissance Learning will start requiring us to submit customers’ AR Desktop serial number with each quiz order. More information here: AR Desktop Changes and AR Upgrade Incentive FAQs
In order to purchase Accelerated Reader quizzes, a Renaissance Place Self Hosted customer will need to supply their Accelerated Reader Serial Number. Once the version of Accelerated Reader is verified as Renaissance Place, you may proceed with ordering. You can learn more here: How to Determine AR Product Versions & AR Identifier Information - Customer Version
|Customer Level||Customer Restrictions|
|AR Desktop||Only quizzes created before July 1, 2012 available from Perma-Bound.|
|AR Service||All quizzes available from Perma-Bound.|
|AR Enterprise||All quizzes available directly from Renaissance Learning.|
With Accelerated Reader, you can make the essential practice component of your reading curriculum more effective than ever before. At last, you can give all of your students personalized practice that is matched to their current level, and easily manage the daily activities of a wide range of students who are all reading at their own level and pace.
With Accelerated Reader, you can:
- Get students excited about reading and vocabulary. Your students will be motivated to read constantly—in class, during recess, at lunch, at home, anywhere! They'll read carefully, thoroughly, and enthusiastically—and will always be eager for more!
- Receive reliable, objective information. You'll get valuable data on students' reading comprehension, vocabulary development, literacy skills development, and more—so you can help them become better readers.
- Help every student master standards. With Accelerated Reader, students receive extensive reading practice followed by immediate feedback. As a result, scores improve on state tests, and more students master standards—research proves it!
- Improve students' attitudes toward learning. As students experience success, enthusiasm for reading spreads to all subjects. Teachers using Accelerated Reader report higher attendance, fewer discipline problems, and improved attitudes about school!
- Keep all students challenged. You can continuously guide students to appropriate books within their Zones of Proximal Development (ZPD). This means you can ensure that all students are challenged without being frustrated.